Legal Considerations Form
Please read the information below, check the box and type your full name to complete your digital signature of the form.
For the purposes of this document, the terms Client, Owner, Pet Owner, and Customer are synonymous with the person contracting services for one or more domestic animals.
Legal Considerations Form
- Payment in full is due on the date service begins.
- There will be a $30 service charge for each returned check.
- Unpaid service may be cancelled without notice, including prior to or during the service period.
- Cancellation Charge Schedule effective (% applies to entire service period total):
- 0-48 hours prior to any service, and/or Holidays: Payment in full is charged (no refunds).
- 2-7 days prior to service: 20% of service total is due (equals an 80% refund).
- 8 days prior to service or more: No charge, refund in full.
- The Pet’s Home is not responsible for any damage to property of the client or others unless damage is caused by the negligent act of the Pet Sitter. The Pet’s Home agrees to remain fully insured through PSA or a comparable entity, including optional Special Property Endorsement (protects against theft, breakage, etc as caused by employee).
- Pet Owner must have legal rights to place the animals in the care of Pet Sitters, Kennels, and Veterinary Clinics. The Pet Sitter cannot service a home with “Visiting” pets or animals that do not belong to the resident of the service site without separate sets of agreement forms, accepted and signed by each rightful owner(s).
- The terms of this document apply to all the pets owned by the client, including any and all new pets that the customer obtains on or after the date this document was signed, at any and all locations the owner designates for service.
- Pet Owner is responsible for supplying the necessary, safe equipment/supplies needed for care of their pet(s), including but not limited to a sturdy, well-fit collar for walks or in case of emergencies, firmly affixed vaccination tags, leash, pooper-scoopers, litter boxes, food, cleaning supplies, medicines, pet food, and cat litter. Pet Owner authorizes any purchases necessary for the satisfactory performance of duties. Pet Owner agrees to be responsible for the payment of such items, as well as service fees for obtaining items, and will reimburse The Pet’s Home within 14 days for all purchases made.
- Pet Owner will be responsible for all medical expenses and damages resulting from an injury to a Pet Sitter, or other persons, by the Pet. Customer agrees to indemnify, hold harmless, and defend The Pet’s Home, in the event of a claim by any person injured by the Pet.
- This contract to be permits The Pet’s Home to accept all future telephone, online, mail or email reservations and provide service without additional signed legal considerations agreements.
In the event of personal emergency or illness of Pet Sitter, Client authorizes Pet Sitter to arrange for another qualified person to fulfill responsibilities of pet care.
- The Pet’s Home may use their discretion to stop and end service at any time that a pet poses a danger to the safety or heath of itself, other pets, other people, or the Pet Sitter. If concerns prevent the Pet Sitter from continuing for a pet, the Owner authorizes the pet to be placed in a kennel, or previously arranged locale if possible. All subsequent charges, including but not limited to transportation, kenneling, tranquilizing, treating, accessing, and liability, are to be the responsibility of the Owner.
- The Pet’s Home agrees to provide agreed upon services in a manner that is trustworthy, caring and dependable. In consideration of the services as an express condition thereof, the client
expressly relinquishes any and all claims against the company and its employees, except those arising from negligence.
- Client agrees to discuss any concerns with The Pet’s Home within 24 hours of return after service.
- This agreement is valid from the date signed, and replaces any prior Legal Considerations agreements. Client agrees to any future The Pet’s Home term changes relayed verbally to the client, mailed or emailed in writing to the client, or posted on our website.
- The owner states that he/she has read this agreement in its entirety and fully understands and accepts its terms and conditions.
Veterinary Release Agreement
- In the event that any of my pets appears to be ill, injured, or at significant risk of experiencing a medical problem at the start of service or while in the care of The Pet’s Home, I give permission to The Pet’s Home to seek veterinary service from a veterinarian or a veterinary clinic. My preferred veterinary services are listed on each individual Pet Information Disclosure. Other veterinarians or emergency care clinics chosen by the pet sitter are acceptable.
- I understand that efforts will be made to contact me regarding any treatments, illness, injury, or potential problems as soon as the condition is deemed not life threatening and/or contact is possible. I understand that The Pet’s Home care providers work hard to prevent accidents and injuries, and that such problems may occur no matter how well a pet is cared for. I agree to all The Pet’s Home care providers to use their best judgment in handling these situations, and I understand that The Pet’s Home and its staff assume no responsibility for the actions and decisions of the veterinary staff, the health, or death of my pet(s).
- I will assume full responsibility for the payment and/or reimbursement for any and all veterinary services rendered, including but not limited to diagnosis, treatment, grooming, medical supplies, and boarding. Such payments will be made within 14 days of the initial incident. I also agree to be responsible for all fees assessed by The Pet’s Home for emergency transportation, care, supervision, or hiring of emergency caregivers, and will pay such fees within 14 days of each incident.